In the late 1940’s, Dr. Sickles and Dr. Cosgrove opened a radiology practice in the Odd Fellows building located on Sterling Street. (Former Marine Midland Back Parking Lot – now Community Bank). At that time, the practice was called Sickles and Cosgrove. In 1957 Dr. McCreary joined the group, and the office was moved to 161 Clinton Street. The office not only did x-rays, but also did radiation therapy till 1977. In 1975, the practice was professionally incorporated and became Northern Radiology Associates P.C. which included Dr. Sickles, Dr. Cosgrove, Dr. McCreary, Dr. Blodgett, and Dr. Van Slyke. In 1988, the group consisted of Dr. Clopper, Dr. Schaupp, Dr. Weber, Dr. Lwin, Dr. Robbins, Dr. Sherry, and Dr. Way. They leased space at Mercy Hospital and formed Northern Diagnostic Imaging. NDI, as it was known, consisted of CT, ultrasound, and mammography. NDI closed in April 1998 after Mercy ceased being a Hospital.
In 1989, the radiologists opened Northern Radiology Imaging, PLLC located at 629 Washington Street and provided Watertown with its first MRI scanner. On July 16, 2001 they leased space at the new Urgent Care Center located in the CANI Building or Spine Center on outer Washington St. where diagnostic x-ray services were performed. On September 10, 2001, Northern Radiology closed their doors at 161 Clinton St. and opened their new facility, Northern Radiology Imaging Center located at 1571 Washington St.
Now the corporation consists of Dr. Weber, Dr. Way, Dr. Lanigan, Dr. Gray, Dr. Phillips, Dr. Kwalburn and Dr. Wasenko. Over the years the practice has grown in physicians, staff, and services. Northern Radiology now consists of seven radiologists who have done fellowships in neuroradiology, nuclear medicine, cross sectional imaging and interventional radiology. As well as covering their own offices, the radiologists currently provide professional services at Carthage Area Hospital, Samaritan Medical Center, and local North Country Urgent Care.
Northern Radiology Imaging and Northern Radiology Associates are committed to providing compassionate, innovative and appropriate quality imaging and imaging related care to our patients, services to our referring physicians and hospital partners, in an efficient and cost-effective manner. In doing so, we seek to set a leadership standard for our health care community both geographically and industry wide.
Using digital imaging technology, Northern Radiology Imaging and Northern Radiology Associates provide comprehensive diagnostic imaging services paired with a high standard of patient care. Our team of highly trained radiologists have continually provided quality imaging services to the North Country for many decades. All of our radiologists are board certified with the American Board of Radiology. Northern Radiology is committed to building strong relationships with referring physicians, local hospitals, and the North Country community, including our military community at Fort Drum.