Thank you for your interest in a career at Northern Radiology Imaging. See job opportunities below. Please check back often as our needs may change in the future.
Imaging Technologist – Per Diem
Primary Purpose and Function
To provide patient care and technical skills in the operation of imaging equipment for diagnostic and evaluation purposes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Practices proper entries and records on Radiology Information System (RIS) and Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS).
- Prepares patient for procedures by interviewing patient, correlating history (and prior studies if applicable) with exam ordered and accurately assesses patient’s needs and provides patient education.
- If applicable, reviews screening sheets, allergy and contrast contraindications, and consent forms with patient.
- Operates computer and imaging equipment for data and image acquisition, documentation of images and reconstruction of images if needed.
- Reviews each examination for technical accuracy, identifies anatomical orientation on all images and ensures proper film identification on all images.
- Prepares patient’s images for interpretation by Radiologist.
- Performs quality control/quality assurance measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Practices accurate and timely completion of scheduled and unscheduled work to maximize productivity.
- Practices general safety, ultrasound safety, MR safety and/or radiation safety (including ALARA.)
- Assures that rooms are equipped with necessary supplies and linens.
- Interacts and communicates with physicians, support staff and other health car professionals to facilitate departmental operations.
- Confirms patient appointments if applicable.
- Monitors equipment, gathers data and documents equipment malfunction, communicate with service engineer and facility manager.
- Disseminates, performs and assures compliance with organizations policies, procedures, and NYS regulations.
- Gathers data and participates in the department’s quality assurance and improvement plan to achieve a defined level of quality and appropriateness of patient care services.
- Maintains inventory, care for and orders supplies from appropriate person/persons.
- Applies the profession’s code of ethics in all aspects of practice.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Understands HIPAA regulations and maintains confidentiality of all patient information.
- Conforms with “Acceptable Use” policy as related to job description.
- Radiologic technologists certified to administer contrast media and approved by a NRA Radiologist may inject intravenous contrast media when it is part of an imaging study.
Knowledge and Skill
Degree or graduate of an accredited imaging school or program. Must be registered or registry eligible by ARRT, ARDMS or RVT. All radiologic technologists must be certified by New York State Department of Health and are expected to be or become proficient in multiple imaging modalities.
Job Type: Part-time
- Watertown, NY
Please send your resume to Torre Parker-Lane, Chief Operating Officer, Northern Radiology Imaging, 1571 Washington Street, Suite 101, Watertown, New York 13601. No phone calls.
Email Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Fax Resume to: (315) 786-5043
Please be sure to tell us the position you are interested in when you contact us.
Northern Radiology is an Equal Employment Opportunity http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
We offer health insurance, vision, dental, 401K.